Friday, January 22, 2010

What is the independent variable, the dependent variable and the controlled variable?

My mother always told me that the green tea is bad for your teeth. I attempted to prove her wrong by creating a controlled experiment. In it, I decided to get two people who volunteered as test subjects; person A was given a schedule where he would drink 3 green tea cups a day, person B was given a schedule where he would drink 3 cups of water every day. The result was that person A had his teeth darkened, person B's teeth remained the same color. What is the independent variable, the dependent variable and the controlled variable?
independent variable: green tea vs. water


dependent: teeth color


controlled: amount of liquid and how long...What is the independent variable, the dependent variable and the controlled variable?
Good expirement.





IV: Drink (Water, Green Tea)





DV: Color of Teeth





CV: The person same person (it doesnt apply to this one though), amount of liquid, time (how long you ran the expirement), there can be a lot.





Independent variables answer the question ';What do I change?';.


Dependent variables answer the question ';What do I observe?';.


Controlled variables answer the question ';What do I keep the same?';.





Please pick as 'Best Answer' Thank you. Good luck I hope you get a good grade :)

No comments:

Post a Comment