Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What is my control variable ....?? pleeaase help me. =)?

My problem: Will a teaspoon of sugar help make a plant last longer?





I am doing two seperate science experiment testing if adding a teaspoon of sugar to the water will make the flower last longer.





My list of constants:


鈥?The roses, because they are the same type of flower.





鈥?The water, they are the same amount; about 1 liter





ok like everything is the same, the only thing that changes


is that we add 1 tsp of sugar to one of the vase filled w/ fresh cut roses.


The other vase doesnt have any sugar.











My control variable is the ...........................??


My dependant variable is the how long the roses will last longer. The independent variable is the amount of sugar.





My plan for the experiment:


I will take two roses w/ the same amount of water, in small, identical vases, and subject Rose #1 to a teaspoon of sugar, and Rose #2 to no sugar.





After two weeks, I will see which plant laster longer. I will take Rose #1 and Rose #2 and compare them to see which rose is still in good shape.





what is my control variable, and my variable?





ALSO, how would i set up an hypothesis for this experiment?





please help me, and thank you. =)What is my control variable ....?? pleeaase help me. =)?
lol i just answered this exact question.. did you copy/paste? :P





The control variable is always the thing that you're not actually changing, or the thing that you don't expect any irregular outcome from, which would be the vase of flowers with water that doesn't have any sugar. This is because you're trying to find a change from the sugar.





If you want to know whether or not sugar works, go here:


http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/1999-04/923781260.Bt.r.html

No comments:

Post a Comment