Wednesday, May 12, 2010

4-stroke 49cc scooter Control Variable transmission help?

First I would like to let you all know i have very little intentions of changing scooters even if it is a chinese ';clone'; being a student I couldn't afford anything more expensive. However I recently had to replace my belt. It snapped around 3100 miles, I hear is pretty good for a stock belt. I also did a few other changes to the transmission, however. Being one who has never had any real ';experience'; with any mechanics, I took alot of advice from my manufacturer and my local parts dealer. I took my rear clutch down,(and my variator) he told me it had plenty of ';meat'; left on it, but that the torque spring was not collapsing correctly. I lubricated it with a Dry Lubricant (iron clad) and worked it until the plate rotated like I was told it was supposed to (before it only collapsed, but not as nicely and not as easily). I also had to replace my ENTIRE Variator (I used the weights it came with, which appeared to look like newer versions of my old one, just not worn out) as my variator plate guide bars (those little metal things that stick out slightly for the guides) were completely twisted and destroyed. Finally I used emery cloth (sandpaper) on the rear clutch and clutch bell (was told to do this to increase friction between the two, only scuffed it until the ';Glaze/shiny parts'; were gone). After doing all of this I would have imagined that my bike would run faster and accelerate more quickly, however the opposite has happened, before it used to accelerate very quickly, and would max out in the mid 40s,and hit near 9,000 RPMs now it dogs on the lower RPMS, and i'm lucky to even hit 6,500 RPMs. Can anyone analyze what I did wrong? I'm aware that this is a complex problem as even my manufacturer can't figure it out, and the dealer says it's running perfectly. I KNOW this baby has more power, where did it go?4-stroke 49cc scooter Control Variable transmission help?
http://www.martinracingdealer.com/ will have the 4 stroke aftermarket parts for you, chinese scooters included. You have the 50cc version of the GY6 engine I believe. since its your main transportation, tune it a bit!





I think your new variator`s weights are heavier than the old ones, making it shift ';up'; sooner.





AND/OR





your rear spring got hot (maybe thats why your lubricant wore away) making it weaker and causing it to shift ';up'; sooner also.4-stroke 49cc scooter Control Variable transmission help?
If you didn't do anything else to it, and i'm sue that the cheap scooter doesn't have speed sensors/feed back, I would assume that you have a different problem.


If the clutch now slipped, you would have higher rpms and possible slower take off's but you wouldn't bog down.


If the clutch was to grabby, you might bogg on the low end but your top end would be the best it could be.





None of this explains your RPM loss. Can you rev it to full rpm in neutral ? (9000) if not, look for a rev limiter or some other problem.


If you can (i suspect not), maybe something is dragging on your bike or friction on back wheel ect that scooter cant over come power wise limiting your speed and bogging you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment